The Eagle Cap Owners Group
The Eagle Cap Owners Group
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Camper Gallery | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Eagle Cap Owners Forums
 The 2nd Gen Eagle Cap Campers (2006 thru 2011)
 Triple slide model 1165 photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin-Rich
Founder

USA
2679 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin-Rich's Homepage Send admin-Rich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few more photos taken at the EC factory May 14th.
The model in the photo is a proto type and is still undergoing tests and minor changes.
The slide out mechanisms are different from older models and employ the new Lippert Components mechanism.

Bill Napier inspects clearance during loading.
Note the brackets for the front jacks - no swingouts.

On a 550 class truck

Eternabond was applied as a trial on roof openings.
The factory doesn't not plan on using it for production run models according to general manager Mony.

40.89 KB

Large storage compartment under rear slide out.

42.46 KB
Interior space of the large rear storage area is big enough for three or four small children.

Child storage not recommended

Exterior side storage compartment. Center of gravity sticker just below it (cut off at bottom edge of photo).

50.88 KB

Extra deep storage drawers under rear slideout sofa.

That's where I'd keep my level too!

Coat or garment closet next to entry and sofa.

51.62 KB

Dry bath with cabinetry.

32.31 KB

Dry bath pull out pantry style storage.

37.75 KB

My first impression was that this truck camper is a small apartment or condo.
The attention to detail and materials given to the build of this model speaks of quality throughout.
I didn't have the time to perform a detailed inspection to look for tiny flaws. I suspect that there might not be any.

The one feature that I would like to see is a auto timer on the heater, or a remote control - so that the camper can have the heat turned on before getting out of bed.

Speaking of remotes. . .this model has keyless entry.

AllenF
Advanced Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  5:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit AllenF's Homepage Send AllenF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure those water lines in pics 3&4 are going to last with stuff being piled on top of them. Same with the valve T handles on the top of that compartment. To bad about the eternabond not making the cut. It sure looks better than that goop they spread around up there. I hope this changes.

What is the tan spacer under the roof AC? Looks like a deflector of some sort to me?

Also pic #6 shows the heater floor register in what looks like the middle of the floor. That won't hold up well with foot traffic and the dirt it will collect there would make breathing a bit tough when it is used.

Allen

2005 EC 1150 slide with custom Norcold 9.5 Cu.Ft. refer, EU 2000i, 12x12 screenroom, Surflo tank, Maxxair 1200T, Charge Wizard, EC #1330
2005 F-350, CC, 6.0L diesel, 4x4, Auto, dually, King Ranch, loaded
Go to Top of Page

admin-Rich
Founder

USA
2679 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  5:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin-Rich's Homepage Send admin-Rich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allen, I'd suggest that if possible, and if you have the interest that you make arrangements to spend three or four days up there.
There is a decent rv park just a couple of miles away.
The EC factory staff are happy to have vistors and interested partys tour and review their plant.
I think you would get a kick out of it and become a real value to both the users and factory with your perceptions.

As for the 1165 model, I think of it is a park model.
I get too much dust and debris in my camper to allow a floor vent.
We often sweep twice or three times a day. . .last month I tried sweeping out the door and the wind was blowing it back in, along with even more desert dust.

Also note, where are the outside awnings?
Hard to have an awning with three slides, isn't it?
The 1165 is impressive, but like individuals, it requires it's owner to have a coresponding personality in order to have compatibility.

I'm not sure the 1165 would be for me. Another 1150 built to today's standards might. . .but it depends.

92.72 KB
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  06:35:23 AM  Show Profile Send LindaH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's one wicked first step up into the camper!!!

It's too bad the factory isn't going to use Eternabond on the roof...no one would ever have to worry about caulking again!

Is this camper wider than the others? I ask because of the no swing-out brackets. Obviously, this camper is going to have to go on a dually -- F-450, F-550 or equivalent -- so how does one load or unload it from the truck without having swing-out brackets?

LindaH
2009 Eagle Cap 950
2007 Excel 30RKE Classic (fifth wheel)
2007 DRW Dodge Ram 3500 w/Cummins
http://earl-linda.blogspot.com

Edited by - LindaH on 05/17/2010 06:39:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

AllenF
Advanced Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  07:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit AllenF's Homepage Send AllenF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Linda
I agree with everything you said and yes it is wider 100" wide vs 96". That is why there is no need for the swing-outs. I wonder though how this might cause another issue with it being clipped due to that extra width.

Rich
I see you are looking at this from a real world/ user prospective. I wonder why EC has not sent out a questionnaire to it's owners to identify THEIR wants and needs rather than just keep building to counter what others offer or to say they can do it too. This site is IMO the single most valuable source of REAL WORLD factual information on everything EC. While some things have found their way into production like the LED running lights, most have sadly not made it into production.

In my mind the 1150 is one very good floor plan and I have yet to find one I like better without needing a lot of tweaking. You and I see it the same. While I don't want a side awning I could go for one across the back for those times when it is wet.

Actually IIRC one could substute that slide awning for a larger one so I think it is possible but one would need to be careful of the slide-outs top corners.

While it would be nice to see the factory again and this time take a tour it seems to me that EC is not too interested in feed back as they have been invited to PM me and as of yet have not. I am watching this economy and may just may jump in to building my own as I think it would be a blast and I know it would get a lot of folks thinking. It is something of a dream of mine. That and building my own house. I came real close to buying an F-550 CC cab and chassis with the longer wheel base to put under the TC. I want to have no wings just a big box on the back with 2 or 3 slides. It would have ZERO wood and thus no mold or rot. EC needs to look at their product more from a customers point of view and less of a dealers point of view.

Allen

2005 EC 1150 slide with custom Norcold 9.5 Cu.Ft. refer, EU 2000i, 12x12 screenroom, Surflo tank, Maxxair 1200T, Charge Wizard, EC #1330
2005 F-350, CC, 6.0L diesel, 4x4, Auto, dually, King Ranch, loaded
Go to Top of Page

admin-Rich
Founder

USA
2679 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  09:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit admin-Rich's Homepage Send admin-Rich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. . .that first step up is a doozy!

The DOT allows up to 108 inches wide and the RV industry allows up to 102 inches wide according to Mony.

The jack stand has a very narrow gap from the dually fender when loading/unloading. It would require a very level, probably paved, surface - which is another reason I consider this setup as a park model.
Adding the swing out brackets would be necessary for off road loading/unloading.

The Dealers are the customer Allen, the factory does not sell direct.
We don't hear what the dealers are saying here on the ECO forum, so we don't know the whole story.

Allen, I truly hope to hear of the day when you start building a camper.
Now that would be interesting.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

USA
288 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  10:03:10 AM  Show Profile Send LindaH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allen, the extra width shouldn't be a problem. We had a Class C once that was 100" wide and never had a problem with clippinng.

LindaH
2009 Eagle Cap 950
2007 Excel 30RKE Classic (fifth wheel)
2007 DRW Dodge Ram 3500 w/Cummins
http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

3 tons
Advanced Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  6:29:26 PM  Show Profile Send 3 tons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note that except for a couple of their smallest models, Citation and Corsair Campers (now defunct) were all a full 100" in width. Still no wider than my duallys mirrors. Did cause me to use caution (S L O W L Y) thru toll gates though!

p.s. As I recall, this one is the prototype.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Eagle Cap Owners Group © To pending members: Have you checked your e-mails? - - - - - - 2005 Eagle Cap Owners Go To Top Of Page
Whoa! It took 0.09 seconds to get here. Snitz Forums 2000