[-]
So They Say

New TorkLift SuperHitch installed
Well, finally got around to getting a SuperHitch and Truss extension. I have been using a custom made extension tube for years out of the factory hitch and just didn't feel right towing the boat behind the TC.

I started shopping around and found a good price with no tax and free shipping at Tweety's RV Truck and SUV supply on Tuesday (at work) then measured the TC and Truck bed that night - only to go back online the next day to see a big price increase.
I called and talked to a sales rep and they said Torklift just put a new "Retail Price Policy" in effect that standardizes what retailers can sell their products for. Previously Tweety's was undercutting other distributors since they were focused on volume, not max profit off every sale apparently...so the rep let me purchase it for the price I had seen the day before (he said the prices changed over at midnight that previous night)! So i ordered around noon on Wednesday and the boxes for the hitch, tie downs (had to replace my rear frame mounted tie downs), and truss extension were on my porch by the time I got home from work the next day!

Wow, that was great service..just thought I would pass that along. Also, the install was a little tricky - fishing bolts and washers through the frame, but overall went well for a one-man install (got a little help from friend lifting the side bar in place to bolt in). Can't wait to get the boat back behind this setup.

2016 Lance 1172, loaded with most options (formerly 2012 EC 995)
2012 RAM 3500 DRW, 6.7L DSL, Ride Rite bags, Rancho 9000s, Upper StableLoads, TL SuperHitch, ties, and Fastguns, Helwig Sway bar
2004 18ft Lund Fishermen
2004 Wrangler
I inherited a SuperTruss (4') extension when I bought the used camper.
I had Torklift in Kent, WA installed the SuperHitch for me.
That set up is a BEAST.

We're hauling a 5x8 U-haul trailer back from Arizona (to Washington) - the guy at the U-haul rental store looked at the SuperHitch/Truss set up and said "you can haul eight of the trailers with that thing"!
Tongue

Good choice!
Hi Curahee - if you are still around hoping you can tell me how that hitch is working out for you? Also wondering what size extension you needed with the RAM and 995? Thanks...

(04-19-2015, 07:49 AM)Curahee Wrote: Well, finally got around to getting a SuperHitch and Truss extension. I have been using a custom made extension tube for years out of the factory hitch and just didn't feel right towing the boat behind the TC.

I started shopping around and found a good price with no tax and free shipping at Tweety's RV Truck and SUV supply on Tuesday (at work) then measured the TC and Truck bed that night - only to go back online the next day to see a big price increase.
I called and talked to a sales rep and they said Torklift just put a new "Retail Price Policy" in effect that standardizes what retailers can sell their products for. Previously Tweety's was undercutting other distributors since they were focused on volume, not max profit off every sale apparently...so the rep let me purchase it for the price I had seen the day before (he said the prices changed over at midnight that previous night)! So i ordered around noon on Wednesday and the boxes for the hitch, tie downs (had to replace my rear frame mounted tie downs), and truss extension were on my porch by the time I got home from work the next day!

Wow, that was great service..just thought I would pass that along. Also, the install was a little tricky - fishing bolts and washers through the frame, but overall went well for a one-man install (got a little help from friend lifting the side bar in place to bolt in). Can't wait to get the boat back behind this setup.
(01-23-2016, 09:00 AM)dogbreath650 Wrote: Hi Curahee - if you are still around hoping you can tell me how that hitch is working out for you? Also wondering what size extension you needed with the RAM and 995? Thanks...

(04-19-2015, 07:49 AM)Curahee Wrote: Well, finally got around to getting a SuperHitch and Truss extension. I have been using a custom made extension tube for years out of the factory hitch and just didn't feel right towing the boat behind the TC.

I bought the 36" extension and the setup works well with one major exception: I have the Hellwig Big Wig Sway bar and in order to install the SuperHitch, I had to remove the brackets that the vertical rods mount to and then mount them to the side of the hitch...this changes the geometry and sturdiness of the sway bar's connection and now I have lost much of the benefit of the Big Wig. I called Torklift and they said that the way it is hooked up now is the only option and they didn't recommend any other sway bar option...
I am not sure if this is just the way it works on the Dodge or all trucks.

I am planning on looking for a fabrication shop to see if they can make a bracket that approximates the Hellwig bracket. BTW, Torklift recommended that I get the Stable Loads and said that I really wouldn't need the benefit of the big sway bar...I am skeptical.
2016 Lance 1172, loaded with most options (formerly 2012 EC 995)
2012 RAM 3500 DRW, 6.7L DSL, Ride Rite bags, Rancho 9000s, Upper StableLoads, TL SuperHitch, ties, and Fastguns, Helwig Sway bar
2004 18ft Lund Fishermen
2004 Wrangler