Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just picked up a 960
We just picked up a 960 last week and we're quite impressed so far. Only bummer I found is that the "generator compartment" can't fit a yamaha 2000. The honda is an inch smaller and could come close to squeezing in. We also haven't been able to get the new camper smell out. My best guess is it's formaldehyde from the cabinets or the linoleum. Trying to air it out but it's 10 degrees and snowing so it's not helping much. Any suggestions on that one?
Congrats on the new camper. I'm curious as to what it will weigh when you run it across the scales fully loaded.

If the new smell is an important issue then you might call around to the rental yards for an ozone generator - it's a machine that should be used with great care but it can remove objectionable odors.
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]
I'll probably get it back out to the scales soon, because I'm curious too.

Took a few trips up to the mountains in it and I was very impressed with how little propane we used. It was getting down to single digits at night and we had it set at 70 inside since we had our toddler with us. Over 4 days we only used just under 2 gallons of propane.

The new camper smell still isn't fading as much as I had hoped but it's bearable now.
(02-28-2015, 07:04 PM)nobueno Wrote: We just picked up a 960 last week and we're quite impressed so far. Only bummer I found is that the "generator compartment" can't fit a yamaha 2000. The honda is an inch smaller and could come close to squeezing in. We also haven't been able to get the new camper smell out. My best guess is it's formaldehyde from the cabinets or the linoleum. Trying to air it out but it's 10 degrees and snowing so it's not helping much. Any suggestions on that one?
At the RV show in Denver, the EC dealer showed me how the Yamaha 2000 fit in the gen compartment on the 960. Basically just tilt it a bit and slide it in. The interior of the compartment is taller than the door opening so just tilting it a bit to make it through the door seems to work.