New Owners of an Adventurer 80RB
Hello all .... Yoly and I took delivery of our new 2016 Adventurer 80RB this August. Haven't camped in it yet due to intense summer heat here in the south but I have been busy making the little personal mods that we all do, getting it ready for our first outing next week. Our plan for getting this camper (our 7th) is do to a tour of Canada next summer.

We've had numerous other campers, from small to large travel trailers and an eclectic assortment at that. We've been retired just over 10 years now and have been traveling over 10K miles a year for the last 8 years, with the exception of this year.

We have a YouTube travel channel where we document our adventures.

My initial impression of our new 80RB is very positive, especially compared to other poorly made products we've been saddled with over the years. Dealing with the people at the factory has been a pleasure and their response and attitude is refreshing in this otherwise questionable industry Shy

Hopefully, I'll be able to share our videos directly with other Adventurer owners here on the forum.

Getting our new 80RB ready for it's first outing this week. Finished making all the little final touches getting it ready. If anyone is interested in what we did, check out the video ....

Our first day out in the new Adventurer Big Grin

Our second outing in the new camper Smile

Nice videos. I like the drive through the park near the end. The drive is more like what I would see if I were driving and it covers a lot of ground.
I was hoping to see more drone footage of the camping area.
Also glad that you put the date at the beginning. These parks look very nice and I look forward to someday getting out there to visit.
I like seeing how the interior of the camper is laid out from different perspectives and usage.
I found the slow pans and zooms a bit tedious and admit that I FF through some of them.
All in all, a very fun vicarious visit. Glad so see that you are getting enjoyment from the camping experience.
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]
There were too many trees and people to fly the drone responsibly around the camping areas. I got my first video camera when I was 11 years old in 1959 and have been making "home movies" now for about 57 years. Philosophically, I consider myself to be "old school" and my style reflects that. More current trends are for very fast and quick edits as the next generation doesn't seem to have time to even use whole words anymore. No one uses transitions and no one pans with a fluid damped tripod head as I do. For me, filming nature calls for a reflective, respectful overview, not just a quick flash in the pan so to speak. I agree about the zoom speed being a bit too slow. I think I'm going to crank it up a bit. Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than quick pans and zooms. When friends who are new to video cameras ask me how to pan I tell them "you simply can't pan too slowly". Not many feature movies where they're filming nature that use fast panning speeds. Glad you enjoyed the video though ... I debated whether or not to post them here. We love the Adventurer 80RB and I always enjoy making videos about things we like Big Grin
I like still shots at times. . .it gives me a chance to pause the video and study the image. For example, in the first video of the camper on jacks (not truck mounted) there was a diagonal thing on the camper basement. It looked like dark tape over a conduit. What was that?
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
I guess I'm having trouble finding the video and frame you're referencing Huh

I just don't see the basement in any shot so I can't tell you what that was.
(10-22-2016, 10:56 AM)Travels with Yoly Wrote: I guess I'm having trouble finding the video and frame you're referencing Huh

Sorry. I'm thinking of a different video that I saw someplace. And I was thinking it was one of yours. It what happens. . .oldtimers disease.
(10-22-2016, 01:29 PM)lost-eagle Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 10:56 AM)Travels with Yoly Wrote: I guess I'm having trouble finding the video and frame you're referencing Huh

Sorry. I'm thinking of a different video that I saw someplace. And I was thinking it was one of yours. It what happens. . .oldtimers disease.

It's seems to be affecting all of us Wink