Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Soon to be retired in Texas. We're 99% certain that EC 960 will be a 2017 purchase. Recently bought 2016 Chevy 3500 DWR 4x4 just for that purpose.

Plan to pick it up at the factory and shakedown camp as neccessary. Anybody recommend which dealer I should use and why?

Sorry for any brevity; I'm on iPad. Will appreciate any advice and have lots of questions to come.

Alan
Hi and welcome to the EC forum Alan. And congrats on retirement, truck and soon-to-be new camper.
I can't help you with the dealer selection but have one caution;
Inspect the camper carefully. RV manufacturers, in general, have ramped up production and are running at top speed.

As a result, they have hired many employees that are less than top notch. After the 2008 recession, the best employees were kept and the rest culled out.
But now, anyone with assembly line production experience can get a job.

I have a 2014 Lance it it represents whats wrong with the production lines. My camper has many flaws that were created during assembly. And I've read the same thing on the Lance forum about their new campers.

Even the smallest parts (like the door catches or the PEX connectors are cheapened). Add that to the higher assembly production rates and lower employee standards and you have the potential for problems.

So. . .inspect everything carefully. Use a flashlight to inspect every crevice, pull out drawers and inspect behind them. Look for loose, missing screws, split wood, etc. And let your sales dealer know how you plan to inspect.

As much as you want your chosen camper, don't be afraid to say "NO" to the deal.
Sorry to sound so negative, but i suspect the RV industry is probably at a low "quality" in terms of product being made at now and in the last few years.
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]