Condensation in bedroom o/h closet
We have been caught in the big freeze in the South Eastern USA in our 86SBS and we are suddenly noticing a big buildup of condensation in the overhead closet in the bedroom.  Going by the way the condensation is forming, it looks like there is a structural member running across the width of the camper in the closet area and there is no insulation where the structural member is.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem (besides getting the hell out of the freeze)?
That is very concerning.  When I had my 2005 EC, I found moisture in the forward cabover closet - I thought it was an outside running light leaking.  What it turned out to be was the satellite dish shaped antennae was leaking at its base and running down  the nose!

Snow, sitting on the roof and going through freeze/thaw cycles, will eventually find (or make) a leak.

If it's just condensation, you could heat the inside of the camper with an electric radiator type of heater.  Leave the cabinet door open.  That should cure the condensation problem.

If it's a roof leak, then a blue tarp 25' x 12' foot could be used as a temporary fix.
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]
Thanks - it is definitely condensation.  Spoke to ALP about it and they know of the problem.  Nothing we can do about it except unpack the cupboard after every night of freeze.  Oh well!  One of the trials of camping life.  But thanks for your interest.
It's still not a fix, but there are two things that could be done besides unpacking.
If the camper is stationary, like at home, get an oil filled electric radiator heater and leave it on in the camper with the cabinet door left open.
Also, there are products like "DampRid" that will absorb moisture that you might want to try - if only to see if it works.
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]
Thanks again - we live in the thing and whenever the temperature drops we either have the small radiant heater going (if we are in a powered site) or the propane heater.  We never let the internal heat drop below about 7 deg (C - we are Canadian!) but every time the outside temp goes below 0 © we get condensation.  Damp rid would probably fix it and so would a de humidifier but we simply lack space to accommodate all these things - 80 sq ft is not much space for living!.  Our plan is to (1) try and avoid freezing areas and (2) unpack onto the bed when we have no choice.