Long Term SITREP
Now getting close to our 10yr Eagle Cap ownership anniversary, so just thought I’d report in on my thoughts...

The reasons we traded our previous camper were several. Our first camper (Citation 9-6) was of fantastic build quality, but it was really our first RV ownership ‘trial camper’ to determine whether the RV life was really for us. In fact, over a time I really had to ‘twist’ the DW’s arm to delve into camper consideration and acquisition, but likely out of sheer desperation she finally she caved (I believe just to shut me up!!) and reluctantly agreed to go for a brief camper looksy ONLY....Her employer had been putting her up in Embassy Suites during business road trips, so traveling in a mere truck camper was not exactly tops on her bucket list - lol...Plus, when just a young’en, she had some not-so-fond memories of a few hot desert summer outings in her Gramps very minimalist 60’s vintage Lance with no AC and it’s stinky elimination apparatus...

However (now 2005), over the years campers had changed by a lot, with microwave ovens, double door refers, air conditioning, and modern sanitary facilities, so much so, even nearing the point of pure opulence!! So after a brief visit to a nearby camper vendor, and her having a first sight of the latest modern offerings and interior fabric selections, to my amazement I was not getting a camper - Holy cow, SHE WAS!! (LOL!)...All that was left was to make the selection! 

I knew that our 2004 3/4 ton SRW truck had it’s own weight bearing limitations, so ultimately we settled on the non-slide Citation, but still it was a whopping 102” in width...

Turns out that we absolutely LOVED the camper-camping experience, so after only a couple of brief seasons, we knew that a larger camper and a DRW truck would soon be in our near future (yea!)...But this was somewhat tempered by the fact that we had some Great memories in our faithful Citation, but still it seemed time to move on...

Enter Eagle Cap in fall of 2008. So after a lot of back and forth deliberations, we checked out a EC 995 which had a slide out, U shaped dinette and even a Dry Bath - but of ALL things what won the DW over was the optional Mossy Oak interior fabric theme - She was ALL in, Go Figure!!

Though I too liked the visible, especially the dry bath, but what really gained my attention (in addition to the roomier interior) was a whopping 60 gal fresh water tank capacity and the fiberglass (i.e. non-luan) side wall construction...Though we didn’t sign on the line that day, it was only a matter of time...Recall the dogged economic difficulties in 2008 where things weren't looking all so good for most RV manufacturers...After a brief call to the factory and after speaking with EC’s Sales Manager Gary Hubbard (Industry Veteran, formerly of Lance), we ordered the 995 to our own highly optioned specification...Both Gary and General Manager Mony Pen were super easy to work with (and I believe a bit anxious for the business too!), and even modified the generator box to hold our Honda 2000!

Gary later moved on to Chalet RV manufacturer for a brief stint, but afterward he started up Patriot RV service and repair in Tangent, OR (near Albany), and I still consider him to be a RV Expert and all around Fantastic guy!...Same goes for former EC GM Mony - I’m told that Mony has since shifted his talents to home building in and around eastern OR (La Grand area)...

Now, closing in on nearly 10 yrs of ownership and likely over 100k + mi on this camper, the Eagle Cap has well met and even exceeded our expectations by a WIDE margin in just about every way... in 2014 I even did a solo camper ‘live in’ for almost 6 mos during construction of our new diggs, and during such, started to wonder if a stick house was something we ‘really even needed’ !!

2016 brought us a new DRW 4x4 Ram and the GVWR has gone from 12,200 (07 Ram 4x4) to now 14,000, and one can really feel the difference, along with much less vague steering as well...

As EC’s latest offerings (now part of Adventure) get more and more spacious, I must say that we’ve been tempted on more than one occasion to ‘take the dive’ once again, but always after a bit of soul searching have come to our senses and realize that we’re still highly devoted to our very fine EC ‘family member’ thats been so faithful in every way - a resounding two thumbs up!!

Best Regards, 
3 tons
You best save your hard earned $$$ and not take the plunge.  The new EC's lack any sort of "Quality Control."  And from what I remembered in the construction of your camper, the cabinets were made out of Hickory throughout and not particle board of any kind.  The new ones fool you with lots of fluff, but the interior is mostly vinyl covered MDF.
True, Hickory was then offered at optional cost, but my EC is of a second generation build, with fiberglass panel sidewalls as was built in La Grand, OR...As I recall from earlier discussions, Adventurer in Yakama, WA. had planned to utilize the composite Azdel in third generation EC’s sidewalls in lieu of the former (expensive to produce...) fiberglass, instead of common-build luan, at least thats my best recollection when they took over EC...

Either way, its looking more and more like the premium marketed Eagle Cap has been blended into the more austere Adventure camper’s production line...Years ago, GM’s silly CEO Roger Smith (of movie fame, ‘Roger and Me’) tried this myopic scheme out at GM and the results ended as a rolling corporate disaster, with a loss of individual brand identity and ultimately the demise of coveted Oldsmobile, Saturn and Pontiac brands...Initially however, I’m sure it looked Great on the GM Balance Sheet - lol !!
As I recall, earlier on Adventurer had planned to utilize the composite Azdel in EC’s sidewalls in lieu of common-build luan, at least thats my recollection...Either way, its looking more and more like ‘upscale’ Eagle Cap has been merged into the same Adventure product production line...
After touring the Adventurer EC plant this summer and witnessing the product build, 

https://www.eaglecapowners.com/owners/sh...hp?tid=352

I’m happy to report that as far as the ‘shared assembly line’ goes, the Adventurer is actually built to the higher-end Eagle Cap standard - both are using the Lamilux uber high gloss gel-coat exterior siding - same as industry standard on the higher end motor coaches...The look is quite impressive and the Lamilux is very robust. BTW, the assembly line is shared only in the sense of batch builds, meaning not at concurrently at the same time...