AZDEL use?
I am really trying hard NOT to buy a Lance 1172. There are a couple of questions that has me more on the fence, between the two, that I want to be.

1.  Does EC use luan plywood in their units or are they using Azdel?  Once you read about rot (among other things) its a REAL plus to use Azdel.  
 http://www.azdelonboard.com
2.  Jacks....Has EC had any improvements in the crappy jacks?  There are a ton of threads complaining about having to replace them....multiple times.

3.  Lippert slides, the Schwintek units.  Please tell me they do a better job with them than Lance!

4.  Last, what is the real dimension of the 1160's rear bed?

Thank you, thank you, to all who may give some input!

TJ     Wink
According to Eagle Cap General Manager Dave Frampton, as reported in Truck Camper Magazine (May 2011):

Quote:For the 2012 Eagle Cap line, we’re using a high gloss skin called Lamilux 4000.  We’re applying the Lamilux 4000 to Azdel, a waterproof thermoplastic composite, using our in-house hot melt lamination system.  The Lamilux 4000 and Azdel are then applied to our aluminum frame to create a side wall that is stronger and lighter than the old Eagle Cap side walls while maintaining Eagle Cap’s high gloss finish.

TCM: So the new Eagle Cap wall is not luan backed?

Dave: No, it’s backed by Azdel, a thermoplastic composite that’s lighter, stronger, and can’t physically rot.  Azdel is a waterproof material and it bonds extremely well to aluminum.
 (Accentuation and highlight added to text)
AKA: testdog
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]