RV King Bed in EC1165
We have put serious thought in removing the small wardrobe and two tiny drawers on the left side of the bed and fitting an RV King size bed into the camper. Looking at the wardrobe cabinet it appears to be put in after the carpet was installed. If I measured correctly I should be able to get the RV King size mattress up there. I'm also thinking of calling Adventurer and seeing if I could purchase the framing they use for under the mattress on the EC1200. That way the storage I lost can now go under the bed.
Has anyone else thought about doing this. I really enjoy the bigger sleeping area...
Well the conversation is complete. For now we are going to keep the queen mattress since we upgraded it last year and it is very comfortable. I removed the shelf above the bed since we seem to ALWAYS hit ours heads on it, plus we never use it. Having two lights to read is too bright so I re-wired the light in the ceiling and the single light works great. We repurposed the shelf and cut it into strips and covered any holes from the screws that were on the wall.
Now for the part that a lot of people don't like. I removed the smaller wardrobe and drawers from the drivers side of the bedroom. We camp for months at a time and don't fill up all the storage areas. This wardrobe was used very little and we would rather have the extra sleeping space. So we eliminated storage for comfort. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but with the cabinet and drawers removed and the mattress moved over so that we aren't on top of the large wardrobe we have move than enough room to move around when we sleep without hitting anything and we sleep like babies now. It's night and day. If we decide that we need the king size bed it will fit but once again it will be on top of the large wardrobe. For now the queen size bed works and if we decide that we need anymore storage I could build something under the bed that lifts up.
 Again, it's not a change that many agree with but the extra sleeping space is wonderful and you have plenty of room on either side of the bed now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I put the original picture in. Here is how it looks now.
Nice work!  The important thing is to make the camper just they way that you want it, especially if you plan on keeping it or a while.
AKA: testdog
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]