Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are your fiberglass walls cracking or is your dinette sweep seal tearing??????
Hi RJ, I just became an EC 1165 owner 2 weeks ago, I've read all your posts with great interest since it seems that we share a lot of the same ideas on how they could improve the 1165 design. Having said that, I decided to purchase this unit because it had more positives that negatives realizing that the only way to get everything just the way you want it is to custom build one, and that wasn't available. I already changed the TV wall mounts for ones that tilt and turn so we can view the picture without distortion. So far no cracks and all the slides work the way they are supposed to. Which is a good thing because we live in Florida and going to the factory for repairs is out of the question. BTW I purchased my EC at Princesscraft in Round Rock, Tx. They have a top notch service department and very friendly staff.
You mentioned the drawers where a little stiff, well last night I pulled on the one under the stove and the wood face came right off, it seems the screws they used are not long enough. I repaired it with longer screws and removed the catch since this drawer isn't going anywhere when the slide is closed for travel.
I am interested in how you changed the swing direction of the bathroom door, did you simply flip flop the hinges and door knob?
Good luck on your repairs

Lou
The reverse of the bathroom door was done at the factory ( special order) and I added a curtain (long) and a slide track to separate the bathroom/wardrobe/ cab over bedroom from the living area of the camper so the wife could have a changing suite area and other people could still be in the camper if need be.

Use the heck out of your camper while under warranty and look for similar problems I and others have had. Both the 1165 and 1160.
Call anytime with questions or email
Rick Christensen
Prineville Oregon
rjchristensen@q.com
541-598-5455

Good luck and enjoy your RV!!
Lue,
On the drawers in the camper, we had a tendancy to pull out and up if the drawers are low in the camper.

We have made a effort just to pull out and are having an easier time with the drawers 
Just a thought!!

Rick
Thanks, we'll try to be gentle with the drawers. I also wanted the medicine cabinet replaced with the wood grain one and was told that it couldn't be done because the 2014's cabinet did not fit the 2013 model. I find this hard to believe. How did they switch them on your unit?

Lou
Rich,
With the factory structural changes, did they provide you with an updated dry weigh number?  Do you have any idea what the structural strengthening  consisted of such as types of members, size and number?  I don't suppose they provided you photos of what was done?

Ken Dawson
Future owner
So, what are you asking for this broken down camper?  And is your extended structural warrantee transferable?
Ken Dawson
Future owner
Ken
Its not a broken down camper!!!
Factory says it is repaired and have addressed all issues!!
http://www.eaglecapowners.com/yakima/ind...topic=60.0
Rick
Isn't this all part of the negotiation process?  Getting the terminology correct?  Smile
Ken Dawson
Future owner
Rick,
Wish you all the best in selling your TC.  Except for two things, I would be tempted to buy.  First, your unit does not have a U shaped dinette and second, I don' even have a truck at this time.  It will be the end of this year before I do and then it will be the end of 2015 before I have the cash for the TC.  You list a lot of upgrade options in your description.  Were these done by EC or are they after market?  Specific question - what is the command 30 auto start option on the generator/ air conditioner?  Do you have a dry weigh for your unit or have you ever weighed your truck/camper for load distribution?  I will look forward to your pictures.  BTW, I do believe they have fixed the stiffness problems with the driver side wall.  I understand why they would be reluctant to advertise those changes however.

Ken Dawson
Future owner
Ken to answer your weight question see my prior post:
http://www.eaglecapowners.com/yakima/ind...topic=14.0

To answer your Onan Command EC 30 question:
It is the Command EC 30 Factory installed option.
http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/rv/f-1824.pdf
http://www.cumminsonan.com/autostart/

Rick