Problems with rear end storage & saddle bag splitting/separating
Star 
Greetings fellow truck campers. This is a re-post from the Facebook Eagle Cap Owners Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/37555819...separation).

Acquired this 2015 Eagle Cap 1165 in June. Had wonderful summer traveling around the Intermountain West. After a series of trips, when emptying the rear cargo bay I noticed light peaking through where the overhanging rear compartment area seems to have begun separating from the main body (see pics of top edge of rear of compartment). Both the cargo hold and rear propane tank compartments are experiencing this separation.
A dealer attempted a simple fix with a bracket to hold it together but it only lasted for the ride home before separating again. Since this is the primary external area for cargo, it can get very weighted down in there.

Have others experienced this situation? I don't think it is immediately unsafe, but the separation will obviously worsen without attention. Dealer and tech at Eagle Cap think it may be best to bolt the section from the inside floor. 

Thanks in advance for sharing any experiences/thoughts about this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This attachment is a screen shot of the FB discussion.         
.pdf   Separation-of-rear-overhang.pdf (Size: 3.11 MB / Downloads: 5)   

(Note: the post photos on this forum can be enlarged by clicking on them - and enlarged again to full size by clicking the photo again.)
I traded in the problematic 2014 Lance for an 1150 Arctic Fox - wish EC made the 1150.
The rig looks similar to this - nothing exceeds factory weight limits.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=333]
Well, since the camper is a huge investment, I’d be thinking about a trip back to the factory for repairs, or (following consultation) their recommended vendor…JMO
Hi, we own a 2015 EC1165 just like yours. We had the exact same problem. We contacted the factory in Yakima and they fixed it under warranty. We ran into a couple from California while traveling in Arizona and they had it as well. They also contacted the factory and also had it repaired by them. Not sure if they will warranty it now but they could certainly fix and prevent recurrence if you ask. Good luck.